Because I’ve looked up this information maybe over a few hundred times in the last three years, I’m hoping to make it easier for myself in the future.
- For the German left double quotation character » on the Mac use Option-Shift-\ (backslash)
- For the ellipsis character … on the Mac use Option-; (semicolon)
- To cycle through windows use Command-` (backtick)
- Universal preferences in any app is Command-, (comma)
- To see your desktop use Command-Option and click anywhere on desktop
- To minimize just one window Command-Shift-M or Command-Option-M for all
- In desktop use Command-Shift-D (for desktop) -A (for applications) -U (for utilities) -H (for home)
- To shuffle through browser tabs use Command-Shift-] or command-shift-[
- To jump to search bar in browser use Command-L
Now let’s see if I can remember this without visiting this page a hundred times more … —JM
More contributed tips are off of this Twitter thread:
For the German (or French) double quotation character left and right « » : on the Mac use Option-\ (backslash) and Option-Shift-\ for the other one (backslash).
Thanks for the French context.