I had a moment of clarity today when thinking about what being a boss is all about. Here are my notes:
- Boss isn’t a glamorous role. It often means picking up the pizza and soda pop.
- Boss needs to provide value. If you have nothing to give or offer, then uh oh.
- Boss loves enabling others. And you’ll fail at it about as often as you succeed.
- Boss *was* someone you could blame. Now you’re the boss. So good luck!
- Boss has to always grow. Or else they lose the right to be boss, eventually.
I’ll probably come back to this later, but it’s a good start for now. —JM