- Accountability: Every person involved in the creation of AI at any step is accountable for considering the system’s impact on the world, as are the companies invested in its development.
- Value Alignment: AI should be designed to align with the norms and values of your user group in mind.
- Explainability: AI should be designed for humans to easily perceive, detect, and understand its decision process. Imperceptible AI is not ethical AI.
- Fairness: AI must be designed to minimize bias and promote inclusive representation.
- User Data Rights: AI must be designed to protect user data and preserve the user’s power over access and uses.
Considering 2-ary, 3-ary, 4-ary impacts is a thing …
I liked their notion of thinking of the kinds of data available, and then breaking it down into:
- Data we have
- Data we need
- Data that’s nice to have
You must be logged in to post a comment.